Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Updated Agenda

We'll see whether I return to the classroom after this year (I hope so), but I can tell you for sure one thing I won't be doing with my life, and that is becoming a travel agent. All this planning has my head completely spinning!!!!!

Just so everyone (mostly my family, but adoring fans as well who like to gaze at maps and think what I must be doing at that moment) has some idea what I'll be doing when, here is the update to my agenda (god help me!):

Tomorrow: Sea Kayak in Abel Tasman for 3 days
16th Feb: Ferry to Wellington. Proceed to impose myself on my North Island contacts
3-8 March: Hike around the far north of NZ
9 March: Fly Aukland to Fiji, Fiji to LA, arrive before I left, hope my friends on the West Coast want to see me for 8 days
17 March: Fly LA to Miami
18 March: Fly Miami to Grand Cayman to meet some teacher friends for Spring Break (WOO HOO, Girls gone wild! Or something.)
22 March: Fly to Miami, then to Guatemala City (don't mention my carbon footprint, please. I will never drive my car again) for a week of volunteering with alums from my college
29 March: Hopefully do a week of Spanish Language school in Antigua, Guatemala (because my Spanish needs some help, for all I can ask for is a kiss and a beer-- and I don't like beer)
4 April: Possibly do a four day sea kayak trip in Costa Rica. Or maybe two weeks of volunteer housebuilding in Costa Rica. (Notice how I switched countries all of a sudden? No, I don't have a plane ticket for that yet.)

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGG!!!!! I know it probably all seems pretty great to the armchair traveller, but to she who is living it.... AAAARG!!!

By mid May (funds and patience probably both running low) I think I'll be ready to come home. Possibly via Key West.....

And then comes the process of figuring out next year.

I think I need to go lie down for a while.

No comments: