Thursday, October 16, 2008

Walk around QP

The sun was actually shining when I got up this morning, so I decided I better make hay... or at least go for a walk while it lasted. So here are some pictures of my walk around Quernmore (pronounced roughly quor-mer) Park, which is the estate that my father's family owned back when they had money (round about the same time my mother's family had money... the late 19th century was good to us, but where did it all go???). "Dear Uncle Jack" (my father's uncle) lost said money, and had to sell off the big house. (My father has read this and adds the following corrections: Uncle Jack did not sell the big house, but rather GAVE it to a bunch of monks, and sold off the land at a fraction of its value. Good money skills, obviously.) The rest of the land and the various cottages, for the most part, is still owned by my cousin. (We're in England, where they have that whole "first born son gets it all" thing. Bummer for the younger twin son of my cousin!)

Enjoy! (I did.)


No comments: