Thursday, August 21, 2008

Work Week

I have been staying with college friends in up-up-upstate NY for the past week, for what Conrad lovingly calls "work week". (I come up and we do whatever projects he has lined up.) This year I have learned how to install windows, drywall, and shingles. But I have learned some other important life lessons. They are as follows:



1. There is no such thing as a "small" home improvement project. Please refer to the picture to see what happened when I was summoned to help with a little repainting.



2. It is not a good idea to smack yourself in the face with a crowbar. Luckily Conrad decided to learn this first-hand, and I just got the secondary learning. (Point well made, though. The demonstration really helped.)



3. When there is only one cookie left in the cookie jar, it apparently is NOT up for grabs. Somehow children take precedence over guests. If only I had know that for the last 35 years at my house!

No comments: