Monday, July 7, 2008

Guests

I got a lovely letter from a connection in Australia inviting me to use their guest house for a week while I am on my travels. I responsed back that I would love to use it the week of Christmas.

I received an email from her saying she hadn't realized WHEN I was thinking of coming, and that time didn't work for them. (No problem, I have other connections that I'll use and abuse.) She then went on to talk about how everyone wants to come stay and how many guests they'll have this year. This to the woman who had seven guests last weekend, a different seven this week, and another THIRTEEN at the weekend! A house in Australia is much like an apartment in NYC, she wrote. Yes, or a beach house in the summer...

(People ask me what I do during the summer, and they think I'm joking when I respond "Make beds.")

No comments: